mak-‘amham lunchtime pop-up
Hosted at E14 Gallery
472 9th St in xučyun (Oakland)
On Sunday, December 17th from 12pm to 2pm mak-‘amham will host a public pop-up in Old Oakland at E14 Gallery. $20-$50 sliding scale
horše ṭuuxi makkam, it's time to eat some Ohlone foods!
mak-‘amham will host a public pop-up Ohlone feast in xučyun (Old Oakland) at the E14 Gallery on December 17th from 12-2pm.
This will be a unique chance to try the oldest flavors of the East Bay and decolonize a very colonial area, Old Oakland, in the process.
mak-‘amham will bring a feast of filling, locally gathered small bites and native teas. We will also showcase and discuss the raw ingredients we gather here in our community’s East Bay homeland.
We aim to show the vibrancy of living Ohlone culture and the persistant beauty of the old ways that we cherish. We will discuss our community’s inseperable and enduring connection to our East Bay homeland, the very area we descend from.
Plan for an afternoon of powerful food, woke folks, Indigenous house music, and bountiful amounts of love — love for who we come from, where we come from, and where we are going.
'ammamak — let's eat!
- savory acorn flour flatbreads with hazelnut butter + local chanterelle mushrooms with popped amaranth seed
- salted roasted piñon nuts
- soft boiled quail eggs
- venison meatballs cooked with crushed yerba buena + huckleberry
- blackberry dipping sauce cooked with yerba buena + bay laurel
- sorrel, watercress + purslane salad with popped amaranth, roasted pine nuts, walnuts, blackberries and huckleberries. served with elderberry and walnut oil vinagerette
- acorn flour brownies with walnuts and sea salt
- sweet toasted pinole cakes
- yerba buena tea
- manzanita cider
- black sage tea